Tuesday, January 27, 2015


SYMPTOMS OF ANXIETY DISORDER

When I found out I had anxiety disorder, I did some research. I found that there are several types of anxiety disorders such as panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, specific phobias, and generalized anxiety disorder. I have generalized anxiety. I worry a lot about things that are small. I often find I have no real reason to worry in the first place.
 
I learned each disorder has varying symptoms. Some general symptoms from the website WebMD at http://www.webmd.com/anxiety-panic/guide/mental-health-anxiety-disorders, are:
  • Feelings of panic, fear or uneasiness
  • Problems sleeping (I can't sleep without medication because I can't stop my mind from racing)
  • Cold sweaty hands and/or feet
  • Shortness of breath
  • Heart palpitations
  • Inability to be still and calm (Sometimes when I'm anxious, I pace, or I shake my leg continuously)
  • Dry mouth
  • Numbness and tingling in the hands or feet
  • Nausea (I worry to the point I become nauseated and I get sick)
  • Muscle Tension (My muscles become tight and sore)
  • Dizziness
 
These are just a few symptoms and do not cover all anxiety disorders, but if you think you have a disorder, get help. Find a therapist and psychiatrist. Your therapist and psychiatrist can help you determine which anxiety disorder you have and help you find the right treatment for your illness. With help you can find relief.
 
With the help of medication I can sleep throughout the night, I can avoid getting sick, and I can live comfortably. With the help of therapy I am learning to take control of my worries and I have learned relaxation techniques.
 
Sometimes I forget to take my medication, but with help I am in control of my anxiety. I do have bad days. It's how I handle the hard times that makes me stronger. My husband reminds me when I forget to take my medication and when my worries are out of control. With the help of medication, therapy and my husband I can continue to live in the light.

2 comments:

  1. great blog post today Aimee! quite informative and should help others to get help they need!! keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this information, Aimee.
    Today's post is very informative and helpful. I learn something each time I read your blog. And you are doing such a great job at posting regularly! Thanks again!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete