Tuesday, February 2, 2016

My mother was given an assignment in Sunday School on January 24 to write a poem or song about an experience she had that strengthened her faith in God. I was touched she choose to write a poem about her experience with my illness. Below is the poem my mother shared with her Sunday School class; she gave me permission to share with you. God strengthens faith not only in those who struggle with mental illness, but also in those who face it with you.

MY DEAREST DAUGHTER
BY Julie Eddy

Nights of tears
All I could do
Is hold your hand
God was beside you
He had other plans
After years of fighting
This awful disease
A battle almost won
Finally Victory
I see a smile
In place of a tear
Through your writings
He made you whole
Giving to others by way
Of word
I now see the glory
In God's plan

1 comment: